Pet Travel Certificates.

Taking your pet on holiday or to travel with you is a beautiful experience, and we are here with you every step of the way!

Scroll down to see what you should be aware of and how we can help.

Pet travel
Can we offer animal health certificates (AHC) ?

Yes! We are licensed to provide animal health certificates. Get in touch with us to discuss more details about your pet requirements for travelling.


When visiting us, you must provide proof of:

  • Your pet’s microchipping date
  • Vaccination History


Once you have successfully received your AHC, this is what it will be valid for:

  • 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU or NI
  • Onward travel within the EU or NI for 4 months after the date of issue
  • re-entry to GB for 4 months after the date of issue
Key information for taking your pet traveling.
  • A current EU pet passport issued in GB(Great Britain) will not be valid for travel to the EU or NI(Northern Ireland) from 1 January 2021.


  • Travelling to Finland, Republic of Ireland, NI, Norway or Malta: Your dog will need to receive tapewormer treatment 1 to 5 days before arriving in any of these countries and the OV(official veterinarian) has to fill in the animal health certificate (AHC)


Traveling to Europe or Northern Ireland with your pet.

A current EU pet passport issued in GB will not be valid for travel to the EU or NI from 1 January 2021.


Before your dog, cat or ferret can travel to the EU or NI for the first time after 1 January 2021, you’ll need to take the following steps. These steps are similar to the current process for taking your pet to the EU, but you’ll need an animal health certificate (AHC) instead of a pet passport.


  1. You must have your dog, cat or ferret microchipped.
  2. Vaccinate your dog, cat or ferret against rabies – your pet must be at least 12 weeks old before it can be vaccinated.
  3. Wait 21 days after the primary vaccination before travel.
  4. Visit your vet to get an AHC for your pet, no more than 10 days before travel to the EU.
Returning to Great Britain from traveling.

There will be no change to the current health preparations for pets entering GB from 1 January 2021.


Your pet must have one of the following documents when returning to GB from the EU:

  • an EU pet passport (issued in the EU, or in GB before 1 January 2021), or a pet passport from a Part 1 listed third country
  • the AHC issued in GB used to travel to the EU – which you can use up to 4 months after it was issued
  • a GB pet health certificate (for travel into GB only)

Your pet will not need this documentation if it’s entering GB from:

  • NI
  • The Channel Islands
  • The Isle of Man

Check the routes before you travel. You must travel using approved routes. Your pet’s documents and microchip will be checked when entering GB.

For more information you can also visit the Government website.